Career Accelerator

A Semester of Success – The Career Accelerator program

2018-04-20 13.24.20

This semester Adelphi students didn’t stop at just exceeding in their school work and exploring New York City. Between internships, on-campus jobs and career preparation, they made it a point to push their careers to the next level. With the help of the Career Accelerator program students were able to open the professional doors of New York and be a part of endless opportunities!

100% of students report being satisfied with the availability of their Career Accelerator program advisor and the quality of their one-to-one program advising.

The Career Accelerator program took networking to a new level this semester. Students spoke with employees from Facebook, Fortune 500 companies and international alumni from around the world. They were able to build their professional skills through workshops focusing on topics like CPT, elevator speeches, interviewing and more! With events in Garden City and New York City students were able to take their new and improved expertise all over New York.

However, with the semester coming to an end, students put all their hard work to the test at the Job and Internship Expo. Preparation and coaching from the Career Accelerator program Manager, Jamie Michelman gave students the confidence to promote their professional selves to over 90 different companies such as Winthrop University Hospital, Target, Newsday, New York Life, Enterprise, GEICO and more!

Check out some of this semesters Career Accelerator program superstars:

Risikat, Nigeria

Risikat Headshot

Meet Risikat Oladimeji, a graduate student pursuing her Masters in Environmental Studies at Adelphi University. Risikat has been working on campus as a Graduate Assistant doing research in microbiology since January ’17. She is a thoughtful, dedicated student who has worked hard in the Career Accelerator and will now have a great opportunity to intern with a Non Profit Organization in New York this Summer!

“Jamie Michelman, Career Accelerator program Manager, is always so helpful. Whenever I am applying to a job or getting ready for an interview she is there to help me! I want to become an Environmentalist and the this program has actually helped me realize the importance of networking in my field. I also was able to take my resume one step further and showcase my work experience as well as my professional” – Risikat

Anmol, India

Anmol Headshot

Anmol has had a handful of different professional experiences during his time at Adelphi. He has been a Graduate Assistant, a Jaggar Community Fellow, Digital Marketing Intern at Mount Sinai last summer and this summer will be interning at “Wanderin’ Group”, a marketing firm based in Manhattan. His list of work experiences is always growing with the help of his 24/7 involvement to the Career Accelerator program!

“The Career Accelerator program has taught me to be more passionate about my career choice. I really enjoy marketing, with the help from this program I was able to secure two internships in one summer. One was with a startup company and one was with one of the biggest healthcare systems in New York City” Anmol

Bai Ma, China

Bai Ma HeadshotBai Ma is a graduate student at Adelphi pursuing her MBA! She has been accepted into the Jaggar Community Fellows program for this upcoming Summer ’18 to intern with a local Non-Profit Organization related to her field of study! She actively participates in the Career Accelerator program and has the drive to give back to her community in the work that she does. She held the position of Orientation Leader last summer, helping to welcome incoming International Students. She also volunteered this winter in an “Alternative Break” program in Houston, Texas where she assisted in disaster relief.

AUI is so sad to see this sister come to an end but are so proud of all of the accomplishments our students have achieved this semester! We can’t wait to hear about everyone’s summer internships!