Academic Accelerator Admission
The Academic Accelerator Program
The Academic Accelerator Program (AAP) is a two-semester program designed specifically for students who are ready to succeed in immersive English-speaking classrooms, but who also want the benefit of English-language and student support to help them thrive. The program curriculum offers a balance of university-wide and AAP-exclusive courses, with English-language course supplements that equip students with the practical, subject-specific vocabulary and skills they need to excel in their coursework. Students may enter the program in the spring, summer or fall. Upon completion of the program, students progress into the second year of their undergraduate education with a full year’s worth of academic credits.
- With just the right amount of support when you need it, the Academic Accelerator Program features a curriculum designed to accommodate your academic and English-language needs.
- Credit-bearing, so you can earn a full freshman year’s worth of credits while taking courses tailored to your needs as an international student, helping you achieve your academic and career goals.
- English-language instruction designed around your social and academic needs; for example, you will be prepared specifically for the classes you will take, such as Algebra and U.S. History.
- Integrated with open and closed courses, so you’ll be in some classes with U.S. students and others with your designated International Accelerator cohort.
|2 semesters/9 months|
|23+||GPA 2.0||Year 2|
*Progression into specific majors may have additional requirements.
To apply for Adelphi University’s Academic Accelerator Program, you should meet the following qualifications:
|Minimum GPA||Minimum TOEFL®||Minimum IELTS™||iTEP|
|Only one of the scores below required|
|2.5||68 – 79, no sub-score|
|5.5 – 6.0, no sub-score|
|3.5, no sub-score|
Depending on their choice of major, students will follow an elective curriculum based on one of the following three tracks:
- Humanities and Social Sciences
- Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) and Information Sciences
- Business, Finance and Economics
The following curricula are samples and subject to change. Each student's curriculum will vary depending upon their major, interests and career goals.
Sample Curriculum: Humanities Majors
|SEMESTER 1||CREDITS||SEMESTER 2||CREDITS|
|Live, Learn, Grow I||1||Live, Learn, Grow II||1|
|English for Academic Purposes II||NC||Fundamentals of Writing (ENG106)||3|
|Cultural Anthropology||3||General Education Course||3|
|Pre-Calculus or Calculus I*||3 – 4||General Education Course||3|
|Principles of Accounting I||3||Humanities OR STEM OR Business Course||3|
*Placement test required.
Total credits: 23+ credits
|Spring 2020||Summer 2020||Fall 2020|
|Payment Deadline||December 30, 2019||May 6, 2020||September 21, 2020|
|Move-in Date||January 13, 2020||May 20, 2020||September 29, 2020|
|Program Start Date||January 14, 2020||May 21, 2020||September 30, 2020|
Academic Accelerator Program Costs
|Fall 2019||Spring 2020||Summer 2020|
|Tuition and Fees||$40,980||$40,980||$40,980|
|Housing||$8,990 – $13,870||$9,565 – $12,005||$9,565 – $12,005|
|Total||$56,390 – $61,270||$55,455 – $57,895||$55,455 – $57,895|
*Health insurance coverage lasts for three consecutive semesters.
Note: Academic Accelerator students will pay for two consecutive semesters.
In the summer semester, dining and housing options may be limited and costs may vary during this semester.
HOUSING COSTS IN DETAIL
DINING COSTS IN DETAIL
You've got big dreams. We'll help you realize them.
Onstage and behind the scenes, in ways big and small, our alumni are making their mark in the world. Some have reached the heights of fame and some hold positions of great influence, while others make a difference in quieter ways. Whether it’s on a local or global scale, we offer the support and resources you’ll need to make the most of your education. The only question then is: How far do you want to go?