Extended Accelerator Admission
The Extended Accelerator Program
Prepare for success
The Extended Accelerator Program (EAP) is a three-semester program for students seeking an immersive English-learning experience. The program gives students firsthand practical and cultural understanding of the Adelphi campus and New York area through its contextual curriculum. Students may enter the program in the spring, summer or fall. Upon completion of the program, students progress into the second year of their undergraduate education with a full year’s worth of academic credits.
- An immersive educational experience with a contextual curriculum bridging language, culture and academics.
- Live, Learn & Grow is a unique course designed for international students that will deepen your working knowledge of life in the United States and give you a comprehensive understanding of the local community and region.
- Bolster your academic achievement with turbocharged English-language instruction, tutoring, academic advising and student support.
- Benefit from personalized English-language instruction that’s fully contextual—for example, lab-specific English-language instruction alongside your lab-inclusive science course.
|3 semesters/12 months||
|30+||GPA 2.0||Year 2|
*Progression into specific majors may have additional requirements.
To apply for Adelphi University’s Extended Accelerator Program, you should meet the following qualifications:
|Minimum GPA||Minimum TOEFL®||Minimum IELTS™||iTEP|
|Only one of the scores below required|
|2.5||60 – 67, no sub-score
|5.0, no sub-score
|3.0, no subscore
If you need to improve your English-language proficiency before enrolling in the EAP, enter the Pre-Sessional English Program. Classes are designed to improve students’ comprehension and ability to take rigorous academic courses in the English language.
Depending on their choice of major, students will follow an elective curriculum based on one of the following three tracks:
- Humanities and Social Sciences
- Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) and Information Sciences
- Business, Finance and Economics
The following curricula are samples and subject to change. Each student's curriculum will vary depending upon their major, interests and career goals.
Sample Curriculum: Humanities Majors
|SEMESTER 1||CREDITS||SEMESTER 2||CREDITS||SEMESTER 3||CREDITS|
|Live, Learn, Grow I||1||Live, Learn, Grow II||1||Live, Learn, Grow III/Global Citizenship||1|
|English for Academic Purposes I||NC||English for Academic Purposes II||NC||Fundamentals of Writing (ENG106)||3|
|Society & the Environment||3||Cultural Anthropology||3||General Education Course||3|
|Pre-Calculus or Calculus I*||3 – 4||Calculus I or II (if needed)||4||General Education Course||3|
|Principles of Accounting I||3||Humanities OR STEM OR Business Course||3|
*Placement test required.
Total credits: 30+ credits
|Spring 2019||Summer 2019||Fall 2019|
|Payment Deadline||January 1, 2019||May 8, 2019||August 5, 2019|
|Move-in Date||January 15, 2019||May 22, 2019||August 25, 2019|
|Program Start Date||January 16, 2019||May 23, 2019||August 26, 2019|
Extended Accelerator Program Costs
|Spring 2019||Summer 2019||Fall 2019|
|Tuition and Fees (3 semesters)||$46,497||$46,497||$46,497|
|Housing||$15,207 – $19,089||$4,877||$9,118 – $14,096|
|Total||$68,720 – $72,602||$58,476 – $72,948||$61,848 – $66,826|
*Health insurance coverage lasts for three consecutive semesters.
Note: The Extended Accelerator Program is a three-semester program.
In the summer semester dining and housing options may be limited and costs may vary during this semester.
Starting Your Fall Semester Studies? You May Be Eligible for a Discount.
We are delighted to offer a fee reduction with early tuition payment.* Students enrolled in the fall semester may be eligible for the following discounts:
- Option 1: Students who pay their full balance by May 3rd will lock in last year’s tuition. They will also receive an exclusive academic year discount: Undergraduate students will receive $1,500 off their tuition, while postgraduate students will receive $500.
- Option 2: Students who pay their full balance by May 31st, will lock in last year’s cost for tuition only. Pricing will rise after this date.
*Students on payment plans are not eligible. Students participating in the 2–3 term pre-sessional bundle are not eligible. Please note that this offer is only valid for students participating in fall intake.
You've got big dreams. We'll help you realize them.
Onstage and behind the scenes, in ways big and small, our alumni are making their mark in the world. Some have reached the heights of fame and some hold positions of great influence, while others make a difference in quieter ways. Whether it’s on a local or global scale, we offer the support and resources you’ll need to make the most of your education. The only question then is: How far do you want to go?