Before You Arrive
Welcome to Adelphi International!
Soon you’ll be on campus. How exciting! There is a lot to consider before you arrive. While moving to a new country can be intimidating, we’re here for you. Follow the four steps below to make sure you have everything in place before you board the plane.
We have a team of dedicated personal advisors whose job it is to make sure all your questions are answered and to ensure you have a smooth transition to the university.
Before you start on any of the steps below, contact your local advisor. Simply select your region of the world below, and send your advisor an email, Skype, WhatsApp or WeChat message. We look forward to meeting you!
Middle East/North Africa
Russia/Central Asia/Eastern Europe
UK and Western Europe
Abbie (North Asia excluding Korea)
Doris (South China)
Saranya (Excluding Vietnam)
Viraja (South & West India)
Annie (South China)
Jane (West China)
Lisha (North China)
Mark (Central China)
Vicky (North China)
Your Pre-Arrival Checklist
After you receive your I-20, complete the following steps before booking your visa appointment:
- Schedule a free visa information and preparation session with your personal Enrollment Advisor.
- Check that the details on your I-20 are correct (including your date of birth) and make sure your name is the same as it appears on your passport.
- Prepare the documents you will need to take to the embassy when attending your visa interview.
After you complete the above steps, you should apply for your visa as soon as possible. It requires an interview with the U.S. Embassy and can sometimes take several weeks to schedule.
- Complete your Visa Application.
- Pay your I-901 (SEVIS) fee.
- Visit usembassy.gov to learn more about scheduling your visa appointment, what to expect when you arrive and the documentation you need to take with you.
- Notify your personal Enrollment Advisor of the date and Embassy of your visa appointment.
- Watch these videos to help you apply for your visa and prepare for your interview:
When purchasing your ticket to New York City, plan to arrive on or before your scheduled move-in day.
We are so excited for you to join us on campus! To ensure a smooth transition to your new home, plan to arrive on or before your official move-in day. Airport pickup is available at John F. Kennedy (JFK), Newark Liberty (EWR) and LaGuardia (LGA) airports.
Chart with move-in dates
For all application and payment deadlines as well as move-in and program start dates, please visit the Important Dates page.
We are looking forward to meeting you in person!
Make your payment in full two weeks before you arrive to help avoid delays with enrollment.
Before you begin, please make sure you have your acceptance letter in front of you, as you will need to refer to the information in the letter.
Choose between two ways to submit payment for tuition and fees:
- Flywire by Peer Transfer: Please visit Adelphi International’s Flywire portal to complete the transfer process. Please note that you can NOT use a U.S. credit card or U.S. bank account.
You will need to complete and submit the following forms before your arrival.
- Immunization Form: Complete this mandatory health and immunization form prior to your arrival, as required by law. Email completed Immunization Form directly to: email@example.com, and bring all related documents to Orientation. Note: students will also be required to check in with Adelphi Health Services upon arrival in order to ensure compliance with the University and Department of Health.
This useful brochure is full of information on the I-20 paperwork required for your visa, what you should pack and other tips to prepare you for your arrival to the Adelphi University campus.
This guide will help you learn more about the process for getting your F-1 visa and arriving in New York.
Check off everything on this list to ensure you have completed all the steps before you arrive and bring everything you need to the Adelphi University campus.
Here’s an example of what your orientation schedule might look like. During orientation, you will receive a full campus tour, see the sights around Garden City, New York and get to know your fellow international students!
Plan ahead! This calendar tells you when classes starts and ends, and when holidays and exams are happening.