Enrollment for International Transfer Students
A simple, streamlined, and personalized experience for international transfer students, Transfer Direct from Shorelight offers:
- Value through expertise – Dedicated, expert Shorelight advisors support and work with students to determine their best-fit transfer universities, reviewing both past qualifications and future goals.
- Fast admissions decisions – Compared to the standard admissions process, Shorelight offers short wait times for students to determine next steps.
- Full transparency – Students receive customized course recommendations with clear guidance about which credits are eligible to transfer and which enrollment paths lead to the shortest path to graduation.
Transfer services are designed to support students from any location, with dedicated transfer advising for all regions.
How it Works
- Complete your Adelphi application and submit your postsecondary transcripts from all institutions previously attended.
- Along with your conditional offer, our admissions team will provide a Preliminary Credit Assessment outlining the coursework that is estimated to be transferable to Adelphi.
- Meet with your recruiter to discuss the Preliminary Credit Assessment and to learn more about the transfer student experience at Adelphi.
- Submit your final official postsecondary transcripts and have your previous coursework officially evaluated by Adelphi staff prior to campus arrival.
- Once all postsecondary academic documents have been reviewed, our team will help you register for your new courses!
Transfer Admission Requirements
For applicants with less than 30 postsecondary semester credits, GPA is calculated from accredited secondary institutions or equivalent and postsecondary institutions*
* Transcripts from all schools attended are required, even if not a part of the calculation.
For applicants with 30 or more postsecondary semester credits, GPA is calculated solely from accredited postsecondary institutions*
Students must meet Adelphi’s English-language proficiency requirements in order to be eligible for Transfer Direct. Eligible transfer applicants can qualify for English-language proficiency waivers based upon qualifying postsecondary criteria.
“No matter what’s driving your desire to transfer schools, Adelphi University will help you stay on track to finish your degree. Welcome to your new home.”
Computer Science Master’s Student
What is a Preliminary Credit Assessment?
An official transfer credit evaluation is completed by the International Admissions Office after you have been admitted. Official transcripts are required for this process. For credit to be considered to meet major-specific requirements, curriculum evaluation is required.
What kind of postsecondary credit is accepted for transfer?
Adelphi accepts academic postsecondary coursework from institutions that are US regionally accredited, or the international equivalent, with an earned grade of C- or above.
Students can transfer a maximum of 90 semester credits from four-year institutions or equivalent and a maximum of 64 semester credits from two-year institutions or equivalent. Students must complete the final 30 semester credits in residence at Adelphi. You can find courses that have previously been accepted by Adelphi through TES.
Will my AP, IB, A/AS-Levels, etc. be accepted for transfer credit?
Adelphi accepts Advanced Placement (AP), Cambridge International A-Levels, International Baccalaureate (IB), and Norwegian high school coursework for credit where students show proficiency by earning at least the minimum accepted score.
You may receive a maximum of 30 credits from college-level work completed prior to high school graduation.
You can find more information online about subjects and minimum scores accepted for AP and IB. For more information about subjects and minimum scores accepted for credit through A-Levels and Norwegian high school coursework, please contact the International Admissions Office.