Master’s Accelerator Degrees
Adelphi’s Master’s Accelerator for international students offers a variety of graduate programs in the following fields: arts and sciences, business, education, healthcare, psychological studies, and social work. To find the Master’s program that best fits your educational and career goals, explore the available degrees below.
College of Arts and Sciences
Would you like a well-rounded education? If so, the College of Arts and Sciences is for you. A Master’s-level degree from this Adelphi school can prepare you to research scientific breakthroughs in a lab, explore your creative side, or even do important environmental field research around the world.
For more than 100 years, the College of Arts and Sciences has helped students like you:
- Unlock their professional potential.
- Gain specific, marketable job skills in a particular area of focus.
- Compliment their specialized skills with broader knowledge.
- Applied Mathematics and Statistics (MS) – STEM DESIGNATED*
- Biology (MS)** – STEM DESIGNATED*
- Computer Science (MS) – STEM DESIGNATED*
- Creative Writing (MFA)
- Environmental Studies (MS)
*For more information about STEM OPT, please visit our blog.
**Not available for Pre-Sessional Students
College of Nursing and Public Health
There are amazing opportunities to improve health for people everywhere, especially as a graduate student in the College of Nursing and Public Health. You can use technology to improve care for individual patients or study how to prevent healthcare issues in your community.
However you support a healthier world, the College of Nursing and Public Health offers small class sizes, active research, and partnerships with local hospitals. Plus, you’ll gain new skills and build valuable experience while studying in The Nexus, a new building with advanced technology.
Gordon F. Derner School of Psychology
When it started, the Derner Institute was the first university-based psychology school in the United States. Now, this internationally-recognized institute serves as a model for more than half of the clinical psychology programs in North America.
As a graduate student at the Derner Institute, you will:
- Receive high level training to become both a skilled scholar and practitioner.
- Learn how to address the current and future needs of society.
- Foster the reasoning and critical thinking skills you need to succeed in psychology.
* Students may apply as direct entry or through the General Psychology accelerator. Admission to the program isn’t guaranteed.
Robert B. Willumstad School of Business
Whether you have business experience or not, Adelphi’s MBA program will give you the foundation and advanced core components to ground you in the fundamentals of contemporary business issues. Our students integrate leading business knowledge, skills and competencies into their work inside and outside of the classroom.
Adelphi also offers the MAP for an MS in Supply Chain Management. Upon completion of their MAP semester(s), students will progress into the School of Business to complete the remaining credits required to earn their degree.
Students working toward their MBA degree have the option to specialize in management, marketing, finance, supply chain management or five other traditional areas of focus.
Ruth S. Ammon School of Education
Adelphi’s School of Education is committed to providing educational opportunities for professional growth at the Master’s level by:
- Creating authentic academic and field experiences.
- Cultivating respect for the diverse population we serve.
- Embracing ethical practices.
- Preparing our students with research, collaboration and leadership skills.
Whether you’re interested in educational technology, physical education or another focus, your degree prepares you—and your future students—for success.
*Joint degree with College of Arts and Sciences
**Not available for Pre-Sessional students
***These degrees are available only as a non-certification track. Students will not receive a New York State certification upon completion.
School of Social Work
Did you know that Adelphi University’s social work programs were named to U.S. News & World Report‘s 2019 Best Graduate Schools list, putting the University’s social work program in the top 20 percent in the nation*.
- Professors who are experienced practitioners, researchers and activists.
- Small class sizes for more attention from your mentors.
- Field placements with 1,000+ health, mental health and social service agency partners.
*U.S. News & World Report, 2019
ADELPHI: A 2020 BEST COLLEGE NATIONWIDE
Did you know that for the second consecutive year, U.S. News & World Report ranked Adelphi University as a Best College nationwide in the National Universities category, in its 2020 rankings? Thanks to a full range of undergraduate and graduate programs and a commitment to groundbreaking research, Adelphi will help you stand out too.